When it comes to working on a cross stitch kit, we understand just how important it is that your finished project looks its best. As well as taking care with your stitches and following the chart closely, there are lots of other tips to make sure that your cross stitch kit looks simply superb when you’ve finished!
- Wash your hands before starting any stitching, as any grease from your fingers will be transferred onto your fabric.
- Keep pets away from you while stitching, as they may want to play with loose threads or jump up for a cuddle!
- Store your threads carefully so they don’t become snagged or tangled. An organiser box is a great way to do this.
- Bind your fabric with thin ribbon or tape so that it doesn’t become damaged or marked by your embroidery hoop.
- Take your cross stitch out of your embroidery hoop in between stitching sessions so that it doesn’t become marked.
- Don’t leave your needle in your fabric, as it may rust and this will also mark your fabric, or the needle itself could damage it.
- Store your work in a dust-free place. You may want to roll it up in a clean white cloth before putting it away, to help keep it clean.
- Don’t snack while stitching. As well as possibly marking your work, it will also distract you form the task at hand!
- Use an embroidery hoop that is large enough for your design. This will stop any of your stitching getting squashed as you move the hoop around.
- Make sure that your stitching is put away when you finish a session, to keep it safe from children who want to try for themselves or pets that want to sleep on it.
When working on any cross stitch kit
, follow these tips, stitch carefully, and you’re sure to end up with a truly beautiful piece of work! Of course, this list isn’t exhaustive! If you have any great tips of your own, be sure to share them with us and with all of your fellow cross stitchers! It’s really easy to do so; just leave a comment below this blog post or chat to us on Facebook